The Oklahoma School of Innovation & Experiential Learning (OSIEL) provides the means of educating unlike any found within the state. We promote relevant, project-based learning and prepare students with a 21st century education. Our curriculum is backed by elite math instruction, hands-on science, engaging social studies, and immersive travel.
We deliver an experiential form of education that has a C-STEM emphasis.Our instruction incorporates the use of robotics, computer programming, and teamwork throughout the year. Each student has his/her own blog to reflect upon their experience and activities. (This allows parents to stay informed and involved.) Our primary goal is for the students to use information and collaboration to research, design, and create in a manner that positively changes the world around them.
To further elevate the quality of education, travel is used to reinforce student learning and provide lifelong experience. Our students have traveled to places including Western Oklahoma, Dallas, Boston, Puerto Rico, and Peru.
Our co-op serves students from grades 7-12. To allow for quality individual instruction, feasible travel, and strong family involvement, our class sizes do not exceed 16 students.
OSIEL is located on the campus of South Community Church located at 171st between Yale and Sheridan.
Benefits of choosing OSIEL:
• Emphasis on C-STEM education
• Incorporate robotics and programming into learning
• Work with drones and 3D printers
• Opportunities to earn college scholarships through STEM and other academic competitions
• Encourages creativity and design
• ACT standards and assessments
• Travel used to reinforce learning
• Partnerships with local groups, businesses and professionals